How much of the "Programming Elixir" book must I go through before I can start learning Phoenix?
Try not to “go though books”.
Learn the basics of the language:
- conditional statements, looping, functions, maps and lists
- Then find the documentation for the standard library
Notice I did not say to “learn” the standard library.
Then, assuming you have a real project (you do have a real project, right??), start building it with Phoenix.
As you build it, you will learn.
Trying to read a book on Elixir or Phoenix without building something as you learn, will get you exactly nowhere.
- Which programming languages do you think will be worth learning in 2021?
- How do I learn Phoenix (Elixir) in a pleasant way?
- Did anybody learn a programming language at the age of 50?
- Is Elixir + Phoenix worth learning when you have to create very quickly web backends that scale to millions of users?
- I can't learn any programming language. Whenever I try I fail.