What can I do with Elixir?
Almost anything you can do with a normal programming language. But a few more things…
- You can run concurrent programs more easily
- Use it with Ecto to talk to the database in a more performant way
- Build high speed API’s that can handle a higher level of concurrent connections than almost any other language
- Create system software (search engines, databases, queues)
- Construct multi-node and multi-process crawlers
In short, because of the concurrent nature of the BEAM and the ease of using Elixir to do concurrency, you can get a lot done with it - without blowing out your brains or wondering what kind of magic is happening behind the scenes.
- How mature is Elixir?
- Is Elixir (programming language) dying?
- How much of the "Programming Elixir" book must I go through before I can start learning Phoenix?
- What popular or emerging web applications are built with the Elixir language and Phoenix framework?
- How do I learn Phoenix (Elixir) in a pleasant way?