As a self-taught developer, should I go to college?
Maybe. But not going to college is not your problem.
Your problem, like many others like you in many professions? You have nothing to show.
- No side projects.
- No code in Github.
- No blog posts.
- No twitter talking about your work.
What gets you a job the fastest in a non-FAANG company is what you did before. Maybe I’m wrong in assuming this — but I doubt it.
Put yourself out there! Have something to show.
- Why is it so hard for older developers to keep going with technology?
- Hello I am an aspiring software developer who just completed A-Levels. What's next?
- How much of the "Programming Elixir" book must I go through before I can start learning Phoenix?
- How hard would it be to learn Ruby or Ruby on Rails for a Python developer?
- How did you go from a newbie to a software engineer in 9 months while working full time?