Does being an entrepreneur require you to be a good programmer or good at coding?
Not at all.
it requires you to be good at making things. Or to put it another way - seeing things through.
in some ways I regretted becoming a programmer because it prevented me from learning about making money and running a business.
Ask any programmer who has made the transition and they’ll tell you something similar.
On the other hand, being a programmer helps because it forces you to think of all the possibilities in any endeavor. It’s like playing chess - you constantly look at all the moves on the board.
So in that sense it helps - but it can hurt it all you focus on is the programming.
- What coding skills are in demand?
- What will you say to someone that has been learning how to code for 5 years but yet still struggling with it?
- Is 2020 the year to learn code?
- How do programmers last working for a company for 5 years, 10 years, or 20 years?
- As a Ruby programmer, why do you choose Elixir over Crystal or vice versa?
- I’m willing to make a project for my final year. What project (related to Python) should I make to achieve a good grade?
- Why do programmers get outdated over time?
- On working as a programmer in the adult industry